Friday, June 8

My PC Gaming Set Up




Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB DDR3 RAM
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
PSU: Corsair TX 650
Mouse: Razer Lachesis
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Headphones: Sennheiser HD555 Open Headphone
Controller: PS3 with MotionJoy

Currently I can max the vast majority of games, if not pretty close. I really need to buy a better computer desk, because, as you can see, the mouse area is tiny and playing Max Payne 3, has made me realised how insufficient it is for reflex based games. I'll buy a better desk from Ikea, if I can figure out which one looks best.

As for upgrading, I doubt I'll need to do anything until late 2013, since the PS4/Nextbox won't be out until then. Perhaps I won't need to upgrade anything even then, considering how impotent the next generation of consoles may be.

2 comments:

  1. Your computer set-up is top notch. However, I just can't imagine how you'll be able to play on such a little desk. Having a big desk with a lot of space for your mouse will help you enjoy a better gaming experience. One more thing, if you want to improve your gaming experience, then I suggest you replace that 22" monitor of yours with something bigger - a 32" would be perfect, most especially if you are playing first-person shooter games.

    Benita Bolland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Benita
      I bought a new computer desk a couple of months after this post, it worked far better for gaming. Sadly a better monitor did not follow.

      Delete